The Broad Run Toll House, located near the junction of present-day VA Route 7 and VA Route 28, was built in 1820 on the old Leesburg Turnpike. A stone bridge crossed Broad Run here, and tolls were collected until 1924. The bridge was in use until 1949, when a new concrete and steel bridge immediately north of the site opened.
In 1970, the Broad Run Toll House was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Earlier this year the site was threatened by development of Kincora Village, but plans have since been made to preserve the structure and site.